- Foley Catheters
- External Condom Catheters
Purchase Foley Catheters Here
Are you looking for foley catheters? If so, All American Medical Supply can help. For years, All American Medical Supply has been supplying foley catheters and other medical supplies to patients and doctors throughout the Tri State area.
What is a Foley Catheter?
Unlike intermittent catheters, a Foley Catheter is a sterile tube that can be placed into the bladder to drain urine. The foley catheter is held in the correct position by a balloon at the end that is filled with sterile water to prevent the catheter from moving. Urine is then able to flow from the bladder, through the catheter, and into a bag that can be emptied.
A benefit of foley catheters is they can be used for both short and long periods of time.
Why are Foley Catheters used?
Foley catheters are used for patients that may not be able to empty their bladder themselves. Some of these reasons a foley catheter may be used include:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary retention
- Blocked urine flow
- Urine monitoring
- Prostate cancer
- During or after surgery to help with urine removal
For advice and information on when you should use a catheter, be sure to speak to your doctor.
Foley Catheter Care
A catheter will usually be inserted by a doctor or nurse. Make sure to follow these simple steps when handling a catheter.
- Follow the instructions given by your doctor
- Wash your hands before and after handling a foley catheter
- Keep the urine collection bag below the level of the bladder
- Make sure the urine collection bag is not pulling on the catheter
- Keep the urine collection bag off the floor
- Don’t block the flow of urine through your catheter
Remember to speak to your doctor before using or purchasing a foley catheter. Every patient’s condition is different and only your doctor can tell you exactly the care that you need.
At All American Medical Supply, our team of professionals can help you find the right catheter prescribed by your doctor. For more information on foley catheters or other medical supplies, give us a call at (516) 216-1707 or fill out our contact form here.
Purchase External Condom Catheters
Are you looking to purchase external condom catheters on Long Island? If so, All American Medical Supply can help. For years, patients and doctors have been coming to All American Medical Supply to purchase external condom catheters as well as other medical supplies.
What is an external condom catheter?
An external condom catheter is a catheter that can be rolled onto the penis to collect urine. Like a foley catheter, there is a collection bag for urine, however, an external condom catheter is not inserted into the urethra. The catheter is held onto the penis using adhesive.
Why use an external condom catheter?
External condom catheters can be used for males dealing with urinary incontinence. The urine flows through a tube and into a bag that can be emptied.
External Condom Catheter Care
- External condom catheters are usually used for short periods of time
- Make sure your penis is free from adhesives or other creams
- Wash your penis with soap and water and thoroughly dry penis before applying
- Make sure external condom catheter is the right size
- Prevent tubing from becoming twisted as this could prevent urine from collecting in the bag
Every patient is different. Speak to your doctor to find out if external condom catheters are right for you.
At All American Medical Supply, our team of professionals can help you find the right external condom catheter. For more information about external condom catheters or other medical supplies, give us a call at (516) 216-1707 or fill out our contact form here.